2018 PBISaz Achievement Award
The purpose of the PBISaz Achievement Award is to identify and recognize schools for successful implementation and measurable student outcomes with School-wide Systems of Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS). Criteria are based on effective implementation of the essential PBIS components outlined by the National Technical Assistance Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support.
- All Awards schools receive:
- Award poster to hang in school
- Award Winning School window sticker and digital badge
- Letters of recognition mailed to principal and district superintendent
- Statewide publication and promotion of your achievement
- Bronze, Silver, Gold Award schools receive:
- Invitation to a gala awards luncheon for a school representative and their district superintendent
Share your Achievement with our Award Announcement Ideas
Paragraph – Required for all award levels
Fidelity Surveys – Required for all award levels
Behavior Data – Required for Bronze, Silver, Gold
Bronze = 1 year, Silver = 2 years, Gold = 3 years
Academic Data – Required for Gold
Gold = 3 years
Download 2018 PBISaz Award Criteria for K-12 schools, learn details for each award level and see examples of all graphs.
Download 2018 PBISaz Award Criteria – AltSchools (ASD, EBD, IAES, JJ, etc).
October 2017 – Training for 2018 Awards at Behavior, Education, Technology Conference (BET-C)
November to May – help from PBISaz via webinars & coaching sessions, subscribe to our Newsletter for details.
May 1-30, 2018 – Apply online here. Upload all of your supporting documents with your application.
October 2018 – Award ceremony in conjunction with BET-C, the largest PBIS conference in the southwest.
Award Recipient Responsibilities
Recognized PBISaz schools agree to share their success in the following ways:
- Allow representatives from schools or districts to visit your building and attend a SW-PBS school team meeting
- Share materials related to your implementation
- Share data and other aspects of your implementation process for publication or dissemination purposes
- Arrange for SW-PBS information from your district/school be displayed on your school website.
Contact an Award Winning School near you today!
Award Winning Schools
Read success stories from award winning schools and see their student outcome data below.
2017 Achievement Award Luncheon Premier Sponsors
Congratulations to all PBIS schools who entered the PBISaz Film Festival!
The volume and quality of PBIS films increases with each passing year. This year, the Film Festival Review Committee had numerous amazing videos to preview and choose from. Schools representing the K-12 spectrum from across AZ and out of state showcased a brilliant diversity of ideas, approaches and talent to share different aspects of PBIS with their audience. The creativity of the entries made us all jealous and ready to jump in and make videos for our school to enter in next year’s competition.
Criteria for the PBISaz Film Festival aligned with the International Association for Positive Behavior Support standards – so we encourage all schools to enter their videos into that competition before January 19, 2018.
Film Festival Winners