2019 PBISaz Achievement Award
The purpose of the PBISaz Achievement Award is to identify and recognize schools for successful implementation and measurable student outcomes with School-wide Systems of Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS). Criteria are based on effective implementation of the essential PBIS components outlined by the National Technical Assistance Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support. FAQ’s about the Awards
- All Award schools receive:
- Award poster to hang in school
- Digital badges and additional signage for school
- Letters of recognition mailed to principal and district superintendent
- Statewide publication and promotion of your achievement
- Press Release Kits with publicity ideas
- Bronze, Silver, Gold Award schools also receive:
- Invitation for a school representative and district superintendent to attend the gala PBIS Awards Celebration at the annual southwest PBIS conference, Behavior Education Technology Conference on November 7, 2019.
Read success stories and see behavior data.
Award Recipient Responsibilities
Recognized PBISaz schools agree to share their success in the following ways:
- Allow representatives from schools or districts to visit your building and attend a SW-PBS school team meeting
- Share materials related to your implementation
- Share data and other aspects of your implementation process for publication or dissemination purposes
- Arrange for SW-PBS information from your district/school be displayed on your school website.
2018 Award Breakfast Premier Sponsors
Congratulations to all 2018 PBISaz Film Festival Winners!
The purpose of the PBISaz Film Festival is to recognize students and educators for creating videos that showcase or teach the core principles of Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS) in their school or facility. Winning entries will be shown at the BET-C Conference on November 8, 2018 and posted here!
NEW! Submit an Instructional Video or School Engagement Video. Instructional videos highlight explicit skill instruction and examples of desired behaviors. School Engagement videos showcase the core features of PBIS and engagement at your school or facility. Download the 2018 criteria and judging rubric.
These criteria will be used for the upcoming 2019 International Association for Positive Behavior Support Film Festival. Apply online by December 14, 2019.
Film Festival Winners