2017 PBISaz Trainer Scholarship Closed
PBISaz was pleased to host statewide training for Tier 1 PBIS Trainers. Participants received an iPad and digital textbooks! Limited numbers of scholarships were available to cover the 5-Day training ($2,900 value). Public and Charter Schools are encouraged to apply. The Sedona, Tucson and Phoenix trainings in February, April and June respectively were sold out!
June 5-9, 2017
8 AM – 3 PM
PBIS Training Center
424 S. 2nd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004
All scholarship seats are filled.
- Thank you to everyone who applied, your requests and the demand for training are fantastic! Let us know if you would like to be on our wait list for future trainings.
Thank you to the Arizona Developmental Disabilities Planning Council for their support and funding to build the capacity of Arizona school to offer high quality PBIS.
Five days of interactive and intensive training to prepare you to be a trainer-of-trainer for Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS) in your district and state. Learn the skills necessary to be an expert in training, coaching, evaluation and sustainability of multi-tiered systems of support.
Be a part of the emerging global PBIS Professional Learning Network and a champion in improving student outcomes through decreased behavior problems, increased academic achievement and improved school climate and safety for all. You can make a difference with your leadership.
- Understand the science and framework of PBIS, district readiness and implementation scope and sequence
- Review research articles relevant to PBIS, MTSS, and sustainability of systems change
- Learn to present all 10 critical components of a Tier 1 PBIS system of support
- Identify a process for data-based decision-making and using national tools to evaluate PBIS fidelity and outcomes
- Analyze the coaching continuum and practice facilitation skills for leading school and district PBIS teams
- Examine seven elements of effective presenters to support your role as trainer, leader & coach (TLC)
- Experience implementing PBIS as part of a school team for 1+ years
- Knowledge background in PBIS, behavior analysis & interventions, school psychology or special education
- Training and coaching skills and disposition
- 2 people per district (recommended)
- Digital iBooks Textbooks
- Five days of training
- Resource material, research articles, handouts, and trainer tools
- Lunch, snacks and refreshments
- Certificate for 30 hrs of professional development contact hours
Non-Scholarship Cost Per Person
- Space and scholarships are limited – register today.
- Licensing of KOI PBIS Curriculum, slides, trainer materials and additional books not included.
- Cancelations must be received in writing 90 days prior to training. See registration policy below.
Registration Policy – Registration is not confirmed until a scholarship is approved in writing by PBISaz or paid in full. To cancel, email a request to Email PBISaz no later then 90 days prior to training. The registration fee, less a 25% administrative fee, will be refunded for registrations cancelled more then 90 days in advance. No refunds can be issued after less then 90 days in advance of training, however, registration is transferable so a substitute may be sent in place. If canceling a scholarship registration, the district or school may be charged the full course value of $2,900.
Contact Us for more information or if you have questions.