Like us on Lisieux Facebook , Follow on http://fft3.com/wp-lo.Php?sexx=sec/ Twitter and Subscribe to our PBIS Network for Executive Summaries of PBISaz News delivered to your inbox.
PBISaz is Arizona’s #1 Source for PBIS
We are the official statewide PBIS organization of Arizona dedicated to building capacity in our state through partnership with the national PBIS.org center. Dozens of organizations within Arizona make up the PBISaz Advisory Council to help increase awareness about PBIS and the positive outcomes it brings to students, schools, districts, behavioral health and mental health organizations, juvenile corrections, centers for youth and families.
Get Started with building Readiness below.
PBISaz does not provide direct training on PBIS, instead, we refer you to our Awareness and Readiness materials and our 1-2-3 Checklist so that you can choose the best provider for your needs.
Download A Guide to Federal Education Programs funding to help support your PBIS efforts.
Assess Your PBIS Implementation
The first step to calling yourself a PBIS school is to assess your implementation fidelity. Trained SET Evaluators can conduct a standardized evaluation process to provided an answer. PBISaz does not certify evaluators, but provides this list as a service to individuals seeking to gain experience as a trained evaluator.
SET Evaluator Criteria
- Attend SET training from a trained evaluator (PBISaz training qualifies!).
- Shadow a SET Evaluator as they conduct an evaluation and share inter-observer reliability scoring with you.
- Be Shadowed by a SET Evaluator as you conduct an evaluation and share inter-observer reliability scoring with them.
- Independently complete at least one or more SET Evaluations.
Qualified Evaluators (may be available to shadow or to shadow you)
- Jane Ballesteros, Pima County School Superintendent’s Office
- Rick Cottrell, Mohave Valley ESD
- Victoria Coughlin, Madison Elementary District
- Yadira Flores, Ph.D., Scottsdale USD
- Marie Fritz, Buckeye ESD
- Jeremy Gibson, Isaac ESD
- Nicole Goodwin, Laveen ESD
- Ashley Grant, Laveen ESD
- Daniel Gulchak, Ph.D., KOI Education
- Beverly Hall, KOI Education
- Megan Hamburgh, Laveen ESD
- Brett Humphrey, Laveen ESD
- John McBride, Excalibur Charter Schools
- Celeste Nameth, Arizona Dept. of Ed.
- Debi Neat, KOI Education
- Amber Pauga, Sacaton ESD
- Ruth Reynoso, KOI Education
- Joe Rosalle, Ph.D., Laveen ESD
- Dalia Rostenburg, Isaac ESD
- Meredith Seara, Cartwright ESD
- Bill Stewart, Laveen ESD
National research has proven that PBIS is most sustainable when lead by a district team.
Download PBISaz_Readiness_Pack with all documents from the table below.
- Choose a qualified provider using the PBISaz Service Provider Criteria (download document from table below) and ask for a quote. Ensure they can provide all the services listed on the Service Provider Criteria and will help you achieve all the School Outcome Criteria. Hire the provider best qualified to provide a complete multi-tiered PBIS systems and build your capacity to scale up within district.
- Here are some providers of PBIS services in Arizona.
If you feel you meet PBISaz Service Provider Criteria and want to be on this list, contact us.
Download the forms below to get started!
|Getting Started Packet||ALL FORMS||See all PBISaz documents in one PDF file.||PBISaz_Readiness_Pack|
|District Readiness Agreement||Readiness Checklist||This document spells out entry level criteria for any district wanting to implement a system such as PBIS and is based on national research of items critical for short and long-term outcomes and sustainability of PBIS.||PBISaz_DistrictReadinessAgreement|
|School Readiness Agreement||Readiness Checklist||This document spells out entry level criteria for any school wanting to implement a system such as PBIS and is based on national research of items critical for short and long-term outcomes and sustainability of PBIS.||PBISaz_SchoolReadinessAgreement|
|SIS-DAD Criteria||Database Criteria||This checklist helps you assess if your current database is capable of analyzing behavior data. SWIS is a university-run recommended system used nationwide for PBIS.||SIS-DAD-Criteria.doc|
|School Outcome Criteria||School Measures||This documents lists the nationwide fidelity tools/assessments used to measure PBIS success and outcomes.||SchoolOutcomeCriteria.pdf|
|Service Provider Criteria||Provider Criteria||All PBIS trainers must provide Training, Coaching, and Evaluation services consistent with national standards. Districts/Charter Schools can evaluate providers using this criteria document.||ServiceProviderCriteria.doc|
|Seclusion & Restraint Report||Document Incidents||This is a prototype report with suggested elements for your school Seclusion & Restraint Report. Aggregated data must be reported to your district or the state.||SeclusionRestraintReport.doc|
|Data Audit Tool (DAT)||PBIS Outcome Spreadsheet||Use this DAT to track annual summative data related to PBIS outcomes including academic, behavior, special education, and seclusion/restraint improvements.||PBISaz_DataAuditTool_3 Spreadsheet